Art Trail Submissions - Application Details
1. Submission is FREE however; there is a £20 charge made to successful artists for inclusion in the Arts Trail promotional material.
2. Online applications must be submitted by the deadline: midnight on Sunday 7 May 2017.
For your application to be considered, we MUST receive ALL of the information including images*
*Images - file size should be no more than 1MB each. Please use the following naming convention for your files surname_firstname_01.jpg (number the files 01 to 06 For example Smith_John_01.jpg Images can be submitted as jpg, png, tiff.
The deadline for this first stage is midnight Sunday 7th May
1. You will be notified by midnight Sunday 17th May of the outcome of the first stage selection.
2. Successful applicants: Your entry fee MUST be paid in full by midnight Sunday 21st May.
3. After notification of selection and receipt of payment the team will match up your work with the various venues and supply contact details for you to arrange to view the display area and arrange installation.
Terms and Conditions
1. If selected you are agreeing to deliver, install and remove your work from the venue chosen by New Mills Festival Art team. The team can support you in the installation of the work.
2a. For Art In Windows: Work to be installed (by arrangement) from Saturday 2nd September. Completion by Thursday 7th September.
2b. For Popup Venues: refer to specific instructions for your venue.
3a. For Art In Windows: Work to be removed from Monday 25th September or by a date arranged with the venue.
3b. For Popup Venues: refer to specific instructions for your venue.
4a. For Art In Windows: Any work sold must remain in situ until the exhibition closes and be collected during the week beginning Monday 25th September.
4b. For Popup Venues: refer to specific instructions for your venue.
5. Artists are responsible for their own public liability insurance and New Mills Festival will not be held liable for any costs incurred.
6. The Art Trail will be promoted as part of New Mills Festival.
7. New Mills Festival does not set out to make selling opportunities, however works can be sold through direct negotiations between the purchaser and artist.
8. New Mills Festival reserve the right to curate the event based on submissions that answer the call and the number of available display spaces.
9. By submitting you are agreeing to allow New Mills Festival to use images and written material to promote the event and your practice.
A printed festival brochure containing the Trail Map and artists’ details will be hand-delivered to more than 12,000 households with 6000 further copies available for visitors around the town and surrounding area. The brochure can also be downloaded via this website.
Each artist will benefit from an individual page on this site and an entry in our phone app.
New Mills Festival Art Trail is also promoted extensively via this website, social media, press and radio.